FLIP FLOP ALERT: Reed flip flops on amnesty for illegal aliens…

Flip Flop Alert:  Lobbyist Ralph Reed once again shows that he can’t be trusted with his flip flop on amnesty for illegal aliens.

Over the course of his campaign for Lt. Governor, lobbyist Reed has taken every opportunity to tout his “opposition” to amnesty for illegal aliens.  Yet, Reed’s own words show that — as recently as 2004 — he was an outspoken supporter of granting amnesty to millions of aliens in the U.S. illegally.

Following are Reed’s own words on the subject:

• In January of 2004, Reed told a national talk show audience that granting a blanket amnesty to all illegal aliens in the U.S. was a “responsible policy” because ” we have got eight to 12 million illegal aliens in our country right now” and “we need to know who these folks are.” (Ralph Reed, MSNBC, January 21, 2004).
  • Just a year later, Reed was telling Georgia voters that “I am opposed to amnesty in any form whatsoever.”  (Ralph Reed, Christian Coalition Forum, February 19, 2005).

1. Demonbeck says:

The more I read and hear about Ralph Reed, the more I begin to think that this guy is the Republican version of Bill Clinton – an ethically challenged politician who changes position depending on what the polls say that morning.

We need a Lt. Governor who has a record of standing for what he (or she) believes in.

2. jacewalden says:

Okay…so now, we can add this to our summation of Reed’s Accolades:

(1) One of the top three crooks in the Jack Abramoff Scandal
    (2) Friend to “nuttier than squirrel turds” Pat Robertson
    (3) Liar
    (4) Thief
    (5) Crook
    (6) Flip-Flopper

Ralph Reed is in it for Ralph Reed. He could care less about the people of this state.

3. Bull Moose says:

Amen folks! We don’t need convicted felon Jack Abramoff’s good friend and fellow inside the beltway lobbyist Ralph Reed anywhere on our ticket. PERIOD.

This is just another in a long long list of reasons that he can’t be trusted in public office. I mean, what if he treats the office the same way he treated his business?

4. GAWire says:

Bull, shut it with the “inside the beltway lobbyist” crap! Everyone knows I don’t like Ralph Reed any more than you do, but quit calling him a lobbyist as your main insult! He wasn’t even a lobbyist. He worked with them, and yes what they did was unethical, but just b/c he and Jack Abramoff were sleazy cohorts, doesn’t mean calling RR a lobbyist is going to defeat him.

I’m not defending RR by any means, but if you are going to bash him, then bash him with something that is right … not just anti-lobbyist rhetoric. There are over 40,000 registered lobbyists. There are bad apples, and those ones and the folks they work with, like Ralph Reed, certainly shouldn’t hold office; however, touting “Evil Lobbyist” mentality isn’t going to keep Ralph out of office!

5. debbie0040 says:

Reed was speaking as his capacity as chairman of the Southeast Region for the Bush re-election campaign. What did you expect him to say that the President was smoking crack when he came up with the guest worker program? Only someone with half brain would think someone in that positon should criticize W during a very tough re-election campaign. But then youguys are supporting Cagle….

What was said:
    “Reed said he favored “a much more conservative policy

6. True Conservative says:

With as much steam as this issue has, I can see a great TV spot now. Hopefully that is on record somewhere, either recoreded or filmed.

7. Fellas, fellas…all this poisonous talk about Reed is hurting my ears (I read aloud..it helps me sound out the words.) What about all the good things he has going for him…like his baby smooth complexion. I’m sure there are other redeeming features, but that seems to be his strongsuit.

8. True Conservative says:

WEll he does have a full time hairdresser. Maybe she does his make up too.

Its true, she was pointed out at Presidents day.

9. jackson says:

GA Wire- “He wasn’t even a lobbyist.” He is a lobbyist. Check out his website, man. I know you dont like him. But what do you think government affairs work is?

Did Ralph Reed already do a response? I would love to know what he has to say now.

10. jacewalden says:

Debbie0040,

Cagle? A wuss?…Is that the best offensive against Cagle that you can mount…

“if you want someone that has a record of standing for what he believes in then you don’t want Cagle.”

If by standing for the principles of honor, integrity, and service…then how can you possibly come to the conclusion that Reed is the man to vote for?

He’s a crook. A liar, and a thief. He is as much an embarrasment to this state as Cynthia McKinney is. Even his former mentor, Pat Robertson has criticized Reed’s service to the Christian Coalition, citing that verse about not being able to serve both God and Mammon.

So, here’s an open challenge to anyone out there. Please let me know what Ralph’s redeeming qualities are. I’m not trying to start a fight here…just trying to get the facts straight. If I can get three redeeming qualities that aren’t easily refuted by common sense or plain fact, I’ll stop writing anything negative about the guy.

11. Demonbeck says:

You know Debbie, if you have to go all the way back to 2002 to find something you can distort as being wrong in Casey Cagle’s voting record then that is certainly saying something. It tells me that you realize he has an excellent conservative record and represents Georgia well.

Now let’s take a look at Howdy Doody’s voting record ….. oh wait, that’s right, Ralph has never served elected office.

Ralph Reed is as Georgian as Andruw Jones.

12. GAWire says:

jackson, I know what government affairs work is, and I don’t get my information from Reed’s website. But thanks anyways.

13. Demonbeck says:

Jace,

He has kissably soft skin, great hair and dresses nicely. He can also bilk his clients of millions of dollars in four different languages.

Vote for Ralph!

14. debbie0040 says:

BYLINE: CHRIS GOLDSTON, CANDACE KING DATE: March 21, 2005 PUBLICATION: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) EDITION: Home; The Atlanta Journal-Constitution SECTION: Horizon PAGE: E3

Cagle wrongheaded with Senate Bill 26

As a staunch conservative, I read with interest your article about state Sen. Casey Cagle’s Senate Bill 26 [“A whiff of protection,

15. jacewalden says:

Okay…so Cagle was against requiring Kindergarten aged kids to sit in car seats? Okay…I’m not seeing what is wrong with that…

Oh, and by the way, more Georgian ADULTS die in car accidents each year, also a far higher number than those who drown. What would your suggestion be, to require car seats for adults or water wings?

The bottom line is that Cagle made two common sense votes here.

16. debbie0040 says:

GAWire, It may be more accurate to say he was a consultant to lobbyists.

Reed has taken attacks from Cagle and the media and he is still standing strong. I like him because of his leadership qualities.

Reed has contacts worldwide and he can help Georgia.

Ralph has charisma and he is a fighter.

17. debbie0040 says:

There are a lot of conservatives that disagree with those votes. They were not common sense votes. I was against SB 460, too.

18. debbie0040 says:

True Conservative/ Brian Laurens, just because your brain can’t function enough to read long posts does not mean everyone else can’t.

19. debbie0040 says:

Jacewalden, I ask to see proof of illegal activites Reed has enganged in. Where are the indictments? The Senate Committee has had Reed’s files and documentation for a year on the Indians and nothing has happened. Sadie Fields would not support Reed if he had stolen money from the Christian Coalition. Quit making your wild, baseless accusations.

20. jacewalden says:

…(1) anyone who is trying to be elected, by this point, has suffered from attacks (even Cagle). If they are still in the race, according to you, they are standing strong. Reed is no different than Cagle here. Therefore, this point is not a redeeming quality.

…(2) Reed has never held an elected office. And, how many of those presidential campaigns was he successful in? Cagle has political experience…His constituents have supported his leadership by reelecting him. Reed, on the other hand, has bounced from job to job, tainting each one as he leaves. This point is also not a redeeming quality.

Reed has contacts worldwide and he can help Georgia.
    ….(3) Do these contacts include Jack Abramoff and Pat Robertson? Cagle can do more for Georgia just through the relationships he forged as a strong state senator. Once again, this is not a redeeming quality of Reed.

Ralph has charisma and he is a fighter.
    …(4) I’ll give this one to you. He does have charisma. For some reason, there are a few people out there who still like the guy despite the fact that he is a crook, theif, liar, panderer, and idiot….but then again, Bill Clinton also had charisma. Does that make him a viable option for president again? Sorry, I can’t give this one to you either. Not a redeeming quality.

THE CHALLENGE LIVES ON! IF I CAN GET 3 REDEEMING QUALITIES ABOUT RALPH REED THAT CAN’T BE REFUTED BY COMMON SENSE OR PLAIN FACT, I WON’T SAY ANOTHER NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT HIM!

21. GAWire says:

Bull, no offense towards you, buddy, but the “Don’t vote for Reed because he is a lobbyist” mentality is stupid to me; it’s wrong for the Party; and, it isn’t going to help defeat him.

The reason Ralph is wrong is because he cannot lead better than Casey Cagle. He has made questionable decisions regarding ethics, or lack thereof, in the past. His associations and previous work with proven criminals like Jack Abramoff certainly make him not qualified for office. But, voting against him because he was a lobbyist doesn’t make sense.

Same goes for Gary Black – if you don’t like his policies or like Kemp better, then vote for Kemp, but don’t tell people they shouldn’t vote for him b/c he chose to work in the public policy process.

Since Jackson seems to get his education about “government affairs” from Ralph’s website, let me just give a quick lesson. If we go by the idea that anyone who participates in “government affairs” is a lobbyist, then 75% of the population would be considered lobbyists and by some peoples’ interpretation shouldn’t be elected. That would mean that everyone that calls their Congressman or writes a letter to Congress is a lobbyist. In some respects, this is true, except they aren’t lobbyists, they are advocates. Lobbyists are defined by individuals representing other individuals or groups for fees registered with the federal or state governments, with the sole focus of influencing policymakers on issues, legislation, or other policy matters. Furthermore, this is a right reserved in the Constitution itself. So, as I recall, Ralph Reed never filed as a lobbyist, as a matter of fact, that was one of his problems – perhaps he should have registered and filed disclosure, but then again, he couldn’t do that and not expect the millions of dollars that we going to him for opposing his own efforts/campaigns to be questioned, but that is not the issue.

The point, my friends, is that campaigning against someone saying they are a lobbyist won’t work, b/c in some way, many people have done similar “government affairs” activities as Reed did – most just don’t do them by deceiving indian tribes and charging millions of dollars.

So, say he was a sleazeball while GAGOP Chairman. Say his past business dealings are ethically and perhaps legally questionable. Say you aren’t going to support him b/c of the fact that the majority of religious voters are actually against him, which is weird since he was Ex Dir of the Christian Coalition. Say you don’t like him b/c of his history with Nat’l CR’s, or b/c of that goofy grin he always has on his face. Just don’t tell people that he is bad because he is a lobbyist. Firstly, that’s a bad argument (the goofy grin argument is better than that) and it just isn’t right to compare what he did to what thousands of people do ethically everyday, and in many ways making our government more efficient in the process.

22. Demonbeck says:

Debbie,

You post the same stories over and over. That is the third time I have seen that water wing story from you and I just really started posting on this blog this week.

Each one of the examples you called Cagle out on cut down regulations and reduced government – which, as of the last time I checked, are two of the most important core values of the Republican party. Are you telling me that Ralph Reed is for big government? Does Ralph Reed even have a policy platform? I have yet to see him comment on any issue that isn’t federal – and he’s running for a job in the state government.

Isn’t it true that RR’s entire campaign is merely an effort to put down a placeholder for a federal position when one opens up? Is Ralph running because he loves this state (where he hasn’t lived until recently) or because he wants to replace Saxby or Johnny I, when they retire?

23. jacewalden says:

Debbie,

I’ve got to hand one thing to you. I don’t have SOLID proof. It’s true, he has never been formally charged with anything…and in this country, a person is innocent until proven guilty.

So, assuming that Reed is guilty of no crimes…the challenge still stands. WHAT ARE HIS REDEEMING QUALITIES?

24. Jack S says:

The irony of some Ralph supporter using AJC articles in a lame attempt to attack Casey is just too much for me to handle.

So we should beleive the AJC when they attack Casey but not Ralph. Debbie, are you really a Cagle supporter who is just trying to make all Ralph supporters look like morons?

25. jacewalden says:

But, I should point out the facts:

He stepped down from the CC as soon as he got investigated for illegal activities involving the handling of CC Finances.

A former CC Employee was given a large settlement not to go foward with evidence against Reed because it would “reflect badly on the Christian Coalition”

Ralph Reed was a member of the Abramoff, Norquist, Reed Triumvirate…

He has flip-flopped on the illegal immigration issue as pointed out earlier in this thread

No one has brought up a legitimate redeeming quality that he possesses.

So, as “baseless” as my accusations are, they are grounded in reality. If it comes out that he is cleaner than Pat Robertson’s sheets, then so be it…let him run. But until he gets his personal affairs in order, I see NO reason why he deserves ONE vote.

26. Demonbeck says:

“Reed has contacts worldwide and he can help Georgia.”

He isn’t running for Commissioner of the GDEcD nor is he applying for the Governor’s government affairs position in DC (a position that is more than ably handled by Pat Wilson). I still question how much pull is RR going to have in DC once Bush is out of office? He burned so many bridges getting W elected. Plus, if you (or he) knew anything about Federal v. State politics, you would realize that the LG of a state’s opinion means less than a hill of beans in DC.

27. GAWire says:

“””Reed has contacts worldwide and he can help Georgia.”””

So do leaders of drug cartels but that doesn’t mean they can “help Georgia”.

“””Ralph has charisma and he is a fighter.”””

So, do many televangalists like what’s his name that was an astronaut, but that doesn’t mean they don’t lie, cheat, and steal and they certainly should’nt hold office

“””Reed has worked on seven Presidential campaigns and he has political experience.”””

So have I. Guess I should put my hat in the ring.

“””Reed has taken attacks from Cagle and the media and he is still standing strong.”””

If by strong, you mean losing money, support, and voter base, then yes, I will give you that one.

28. Bull Moose says:

Thanks for the clarification GAWIRE… Nothing wrong with being a lobbyist at all… But remember, Reed says he wasn’t a lobbyist…

I just worry if Reed acts in the office of Lt. Governor the same way he has acted in his role in business. If that’s the case then we are in for some choppy choppy waters…

29. debbie0040 says:

We disagree on all points. Cagle IS weak. It is easy to stand by your principles when your side is in power. It is more difficult when your side is not in power. Cagle demonstrated he was weak when Barnes was in power. The driver’s license bill was proof of that and also the town hall meetings held to discuss the Barnes Education Package. Cagle buckled under and refused to speak out against the bill when he saw one of Barnes minion in attendance. Teachers left the meeting pretty upset.

Cagle does not like to ruffle feathers so to speak. Ralph will not hesitate to ruffle feathers and that is what I want.

30. Demonbeck says:

Debbie,

Since you obviously missed my post…

31. Demonbeck says:

Debbie,

I will assume from your lack of response, that I am correct in my assumptions that Reed is for big government, has no platform on state government issues and that his entire campaign is an effort to put down a placeholder for a federally elected position should one open up.

32. jacewalden says:

Debbie,

I must apologize. I feel like I’ve been taking my contempt for Ralph Reed out on you, and that’s not right. So, I’m sorry.

I’ll admit. Cagle isn’t the “perfect” legislator. As a State Senator, you make hundreds of votes on bill, ammendments, resolutions, etc…every session. There is obviously going to be a few votes that you don’t agree on.

But to say that he has no courage is wrong. The courage is shown in making those votes–knowing that each and every vote you make has the potential to piss people off, or worse, lose their votes. But he did his job, and made his votes…time and time again, and still maintained his elected office with a little bit of dignity.

But as for Ralph, when push comes to shove, he quits. Just has he “stepped down”, just as he was coming under investigation from the CC. He has never had to make the tough vote in elected office. Thus, his record is, at best–Unproven, and at worst–Pathetic.

I don’t pretend to know a lot about politics, but from my experiences during this past session, I’ve seen Cagle step up and get in some people’s faces–even fellow republicans. Now, I guess you could say that he is just “pandering” for votes. But the vast majority of his fellow Senators endorse him. Many have publicly acknowledged his leadership in the senate.

I would go for Cagle, even if he made a couple of votes that I didn’t appreciate, over Ralph Reed anyday. Simply because Ralph has never held an elected office that required him to step up. Reed has experience….yes. But not the right kind. His reputation is too tarnished, nation-wide to give him any kind of credibility if he is elected. If he truly seeks to serve the people of the state, his best bet is to gain some experience in an elected position. That would help him reestablish his credibility (if he doesn’t get arrested for this other stuff that is). Eventually, if he clears his name, reestablishes his reputation, and makes a tough vote or two–then he might be vote-worthy.

But as of now, he has done none of that. Therefore, I cannot vote for him. Sorry Debbie.

33. debbie0040 says:

Which example was that?

You will have to ask Ralph if he has further political ambitions. I guess you prefer candidates sign pledge stating they will not seek any further elective office other that the one they are qualifying for now. But then that would rule out Cagle , wouldn’t it? As far as a placeholder, Reed already is well known and has name recognition, if that were his sole objective he would have been better served that to sit this race out.

34. jackson says:

Whats wrong with calling him by what he does, GAWire? I think you are just upset that he is tarnishing the name of lobbyists. :)

35. Demonbeck says:

The examples are the three stories you hand picked from the AJC on why Cagle is ill-suited to represent Georgia in the LG office. Each one lambastes Casey for a vote to reduce government – something I would expect from the AJC, but not from a fellow conservative. Does this mean that you are for Reed because he supports big government?

I am not saying I prefer candidates who do not have further political ambitions, I am saying I prefer candidates who actually want to and are well-qualified to perform the duties of the office that they seek.

36. debbie0040 says:

jacewalden, I love lively debate and don’t take anything personally.

It is easy to govern when one’s party is in charge. It is not so easy when they are not. Cagle acted differently under the Barnes regime. Cagle is know for someone that does not like to makes waves or ruffle feathers and I personally consider that weak. Look at all the arrows that have been shot at Ralph and he is still campaigning and not giving up.

The Senators support their own. Look at their other endorsements. Reed has a great deal of other endorsements.

In politics, if you ruffle feathers and are not afraid to make liberals angry you will get attacked. Look at what the attacks that are hurled at Bush, Cheney, Limbaugh, Hannity. The press loves McCain because he is like Cagle. He doesn’t like to ruffle feathers.

I support Ralph because he is a fighter and we need that in November. It will be a nasty campaign not matter who is the Lt. Governor nominee.

There has been speculation in the press about Christian Conservatives not turning out in November. Whateve else you say about Ralph, you have to admit he does turn out the Christian Conservatives to the polls. I think more and more people are gravitating to Reed. They kept hearing that he was going to be indicted any day and they kept watching and undecided in whom they would support. It is like the little boy crying wolf too many times, people start ignoring him. People see Ralph will not be indicted and know the barrage of attacks the press launched at those that stand strong. I am not saying he did not make bad choices, but haven’t we all? Name me one politician that has not made bad decisions at some point.

37. Demonbeck says:

Gary Black is a fine person and a great lobbyist and I have nothing against him – I don’t support him, but he is really a good guy. Too bad I cannot say the same for other lobbyists turned GA candidates.

Of course the difference is that Gary Black lobbies the state legislature more than the feds, also unlike other candidates.

38. debbie0040 says:

Demonbeck, I am for less government regulation but not in taking away homeowners right to sue as one did. It is common sense on the Child Seat Law. A great conservative named Tom Price championed that bill and Cagle fought it. How many lives has it saved? As far as the stream buffer, I think we need to protect the environment to some extent. Cagle obviously wanted to please car dealers with his bill.
    You are wrong on the bills , the intent was not to reduce government. You are really reaching on that premise and it is laughable.

39. jackson says:

“–The press loves McCain because he is like Cagle. He doesn’t like to ruffle feathers.–” Ha ha ha….Now that is comedy.

40. jackson says:

Why stop stop at age 6 for car seats. Why not age 10 and build them bigger?

Its funny. We DONT want big goverment, but we DO WANT them to tell us how to take care of our children, when to wear seatbelts and helmets. That is what is laughable. Whatever happened to taken responsibility for yourself and for your own family?

41. Demonbeck says:

Oh I see, Cagle voted against child seats, because he wants children under 5 to die. Classy insinuation there Debbie.

Cagle represents Gainesville – the Chicken Capitol of the largest poultry producing state in the nation. If he doesn’t represent the poulry industry in his district, what kind of Senator would he be?

Perhaps someone ought to tell Ralph about Georgia’s agribusiness. Maybe then he could start talking about issues of statewide significance.

Here are a couple of facts for you to start with:

-Georgia is the nation’s largest producer of long leaf pines
    -Georgia is known as the Peach State, yet produces less peaches than a neighboring state called “South Carolina.” (He should remember that state fondly.)
    -Georgia farms produce many nuts, like pecans and peanuts. (Be sure he realizes that peanuts do NOT grow pre-bagged in baskets in Congressional offices.) I know he is familiar with nuts, but Pat Robertson doesn’t grow on trees.
    -If Georgia were an independent nation, it would be the fourth largest poultry producing nation in the world, behind the remainder of the US, China and Brazil

42. True Conservative says:

Yeah, cant you tell how weak Casey Cagle is…. He has never, thats NEVER voted for a tax increase, under a Democrat or a Republican Governor.

Not so of your “great conservative” Tom Price MD, Debbie.

Our definitions of conservative must be very different.

43. Demonbeck says:

See, I stunned all of the Reed supporters by talking about agriculture. They are still on Ask.com figuring out this new phenomenon of growing things in something called “soil.” I believe I just overheard one Reed supporter say, “Why grow things when you can just pick it up at Fresh Market?”

44. Bull Moose says:

Good ones Demonbeck… those are pretty clever lines you’ve had…

My favorite is still — you can’t spell GREED without REED…

45. jacewalden says:

“I know he is familiar with nuts, but Pat Robertson doesn’t grow on trees.”

Demonbeck, that may be one of the best arguments I have ever heard.

46. debbie0040 says:

I probably know more about agriculture than you think. Tell me how may of you have actually planted seed and watch it grow? I used to live in Alabama and am originally from Louisiana so I have been around quite a number of farms in my life. Probably more than all of you put together.
    And no I am not supporting Kemp.

47. debbie0040 says:

Demonbeck, so you think it was ok for Cagle to try to take away the right to sue of people that lived near chicken or rendering plants because it was in the best interest of the industries in the district Cagle represented?

48. Demonbeck says:

Debbie,

I support candidates that support small government, good Christian morals, family values and are well-qualified for the position they seek.

I support candidates that represent our state with dignity and honor and have a proven track record of doing so.

I support candidates who are supported by his/her peers not villified by them.

Call me crazy, but I see none of those values in Ralph Reed.

49. Demonbeck says:

“I used to live in Alabama and am originally from Louisiana so I have been around quite a number of farms in my life.”

Yet another non-Georgian throwing her weight behind Reed. Typical.

50. Bull Moose says:

Demonbeck, we should have a jingle competition to see who comes up with the best jingle in support of Cagle or against Reed… Remember the 1992 Coverdell Jingle??? We need something like that…

51. Demonbeck says:

Here’s Ralph’s blog from his website today. Can any of you find any mention of Georgia or Georgia issues? Further proof that Ralph Reed is not running for Lt. Gov. He has no interest in the position he seeks!

Friday, April 07, 2006
    The good news this morning is that the Labor Department has reported that the economy added 211,000 new jobs in March, following 225,000 new jobs in February, and the unemployment rate has dropped to an historic 4 ½ year low of 4.7 percent. What we have said since 2001 has turned out to be true: President Bush’s policies of tax reduction, historically low interest rates, and opening up overseas markets for U.S. goods made the 2001-2002 economic slowdown the shortest and shallowest in post-World War II history and that the economy is now strong by every measure. Last year the GDP grew at a healthy 3.5 percent rate, inflation is under control, the stock market is at a 5-year high, and the economy has added roughly 5.1 million new jobs in the 2 ½ years. The House of Representatives is scheduled to vote before the recess on extending the Bush tax reductions on capital gains and dividends, which has been critical to the strength of the housing and equities markets. Bottom line: Republican cut taxes and the economy responded as it always does to incentives for growth and productivity.

The dominant media has been in a frenzy for 24 hours about court documents filed by the special prosecutor in the Lewis Libby case, claiming that President Bush “authorized leaks

52. GAWire says:

jackson, Ralph Reed tarnishes the name of everyone he is close to … the CRs, the Christian Coalition, GAGOP, BC’00 & ’04, Perdue, etc. The point is, he is not a lobbyist … he is someone that deceived many people as to who he was and what he was doing, and now thinks he should be able to hold office.

53. debbie0040 says:

GAWIRE, if what you say is true then why does Reed have such people as Rudy, Sen Kay Bailey-Hutchison, Zell Miller, Sean Hannity, Westmoreland, Bob Nardelli, The Reynolds Family , and many others still support him?

54. jackson says:

I have a question for everyone (except debbie): Do you think that endorsements are important? Can one candidate have a bunch of endorsements that matter but the other one have a bunch that dont matter, even though they are all important Republicans? I would like to know your thoughts. I have seen recents post by certain folks that promote their endorsements, but then trash the other persons endorsements just because they dont like the other candidate. isn’t that having your cake and eating it too?

55. jackson says:

Pretty Funny

From RR’s blog – “As is almost always the case, the media has it wrong.”

From RR’s Century Strategies website – “Reed has been named one of the top ten political newsmakers in the nation by Newsweek, one of the twenty most influential leaders of his generation by Life magazine, and one of the 50 future leaders of America by Time magazine.He has appeared on numerous television programs and his columns have appeared in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. ”

You make the call….

56. Bill Simon says:

Debbie,

You made this statement: “Ralph will not hesitate to ruffle feathers and that is what I want.”

REALLY? Funny how when _I_ ruffled feathers and challenged the lies and bullshit coming from Anthony-Scott Hobbs, YOU didn’t like that too much. In fact, you stuck right on by ASH, and still do today…and, a whole LOT of other people have discovered ASH to be the flake I ID’ed him as 3 years earlier.

(61 comments and not one peep out of me…until now. Been messing around with a freaking printer problem for 9 hours and am ready to roll-up my sleeves on this thread!)