Brian Kemp blasts ahead with almost 300 endorsements

State Senator Brian Kemp, Republican candidate for Georgia’s Agriculture Commissioner, announced today that 288 current and former elected officials, including 23 Democrats, have endorsed his campaign for Agriculture Commissioner.

The endorsements include 84 State Legislators, 74 Commissioners, 38 Sheriffs, 69 various local officials, 21 former elected officials, 1 member of the PSC, and 1 member of the DOT.  The list of elected officials and community leaders endorsing Kemp can be found at www.votebriankemp.com/blog.

1. Demonbeck says:

Bull,

Judging from your posts, I assume you’d like to see Cagle Handel Kemp in office. Sounds a little perverted.

2. Jack S says:

Kudos to Demonbeck, finally some quality wit on this site.

Kemp is showing how to run a downticket statewide race. Well done.

3. Demonbeck says:

Thanks Jack. Believe me, it was much funnier in my head than it was when I wrote it out. Of course, I would like to see Casey Bill Brian (for what, I don’t know)

OK, I know I should have stopped while I was ahead.

4. Capt. says:

This is unprecedented in any race. I mean the governor doesn’t even have endorsements like these.

5. Bull Moose says:

That’s why Brian Kemp is the most qualified and well supported candidate for Ag Commissioner…

6. Groseclose says:

First, I commend Brian and his team for what is indeed an impressive list. Time will only tell whether his investment in such a list wins him the Primary.

In reality, there is very little news in this release. Since January 3rd when Kemp originally announced his endorsement list, he has picked up 86 endorsements. His use of the 288 is somewhat disingenuous; granted such practices are commonplace in politics.

Kemp’s candidacy had to come out of its dormancy to try to preemptively negate the news of Gary’s superior first quarter disclosure and to counter the recent announcement of Gary’s impressive list of 159 county team leaders.

Concededly, Kemp’s announcement is well timed and worthy of some but limited consideration.

7. HJ Bailey says:

I don’t know of any other campaign in this cycle or previous that have ever mounted this support. I mean I see this as a sign that Kemp is the front-runner and that his momentum continues to increase.

8. Just shows you how dumb most elected officials are. Local Democratic officials finally start to jump ship in what will be the best year for Democrats since either 1998 or 1986. If Tommy Irvin wins again, which lets not forget is still the most likely scenario, I hope he does whatever in his power to make these guys squirm.

9. Bill Simon says:

Really, Chris? Is that part of the job description of the Agricultural Commissioner? To get back at people who didn’t support him in a political race?

Or, is that part of the deeply embedded moral corruption of you and the rest of the Democratic Party?

10. Demonbeck says:

I’m leaning Kemp, but Gary W. Black is such a nice guy. I hate to see him lose.

Guess that happens a lot in politics.