Grand Jury

The Cynthia McKinney incident has been referred to a grand jury. Further, Congressman Tom DeLay intends to file an ethics complaint against McKinney. Congressman Jack Kingston this morning said he would support DeLay’s effort should it get that far. Said Kingston at a morning conference, “I got stopped just this morning and I was wearing my pin.

1. Bill Simon says:

Hope DeLay stays in long enough for it to stick.

Hey, as long as he’s filing, how about him filing against Tom Price for using federal money to run radio ads for his political race?

2. Erick says:

Bill, Price did not violate any statutes that I am aware of by running those particular radio ads. Every politician does that. It’s an incumbent’s advantage — like gerrymandering, but without as much screwing of the voters.

3. Bull Moose says:

Okay, I hate to break ranks here, but to me, this smacks of total hypocrisy… You know the saying about the pot calling the kettle black… Well for Tom DeLay to file an ethics charge against anyone is pretty much a joke in my book… This is just a great way for some people to use diversionary tactics to keep the focus off of what’s going on in Congress and the real issues at hand.

4. Bull Moose says:

Tom DeLay and Cynthia McKinney don’t belong in Congress. Period. They are both a mark on the institution. They do nothing to elevate the body in which they serve. If things continue the way that they are heading both may very well end up as felons.

Congressional Republicans need to be mindful that they stay focused on the reason they are in Congress and leave the circus of DeLay and McKinney where it belongs – outside of the institution.

5. Bull Moose says:

I’m going to call it like I see it from my vantage — Cynthia McKinney is kidding herself if she thinks it was racism. She should have just stopped and identified herself. Period.

However, are Republicans really in a position to call on her condemnation given the ethical problems that some House Republicans face and the fact that there are some touched by scandal currently running for office?

Our Representatives need to be focused on doing their jobs and not on this idiotic side show.

6. UGA-Grad says:

Bill,

I heard those ads and I believe they were referring to Cong. Price’s “mobile office” not the Fulton GOP grassroots meeting. The mobile office was being held in Alpharetta. Sometimes you really do amaze me.

7. Bill Simon says:

UGA-Grad, the fact that you graduated from UGA and are able to write complete sentences really amazes me.

But, to your point, the FACT is that “mobile office” was really parked at the Fulton County grassroots’ event held at…wait for that facts, Moron…Willis Park in ALPHARETTA!!!

8. UGA-Grad says:

Bill,

The “mobile office” takes place this Saturday, April 8th. Oh, and look at that, any human being with a brain can see that the Fulton GOP grassroots meeting was held on March 25. Oh, but I thought the ads were for the same event. I guess you would say he was lying. I specifically remember him mentioning in the ad that the date for the “mobile office” was April 8th and not March 25th. How could he be promoting his speaking engagement at the Fulton GOP when he is advertising a completely different date.

I continue to see why people use this site instead of the politicalswine.com

9. Bill Simon says:

UGA, the ad I heard mentioned “March 25th” because it AIRED on March 23 on 750 AM Radio.

UGA, if you were to remove your head from Tom Price’s ass you might buy a clue. Doubtful, though.