War Against Easter?

First it was Christmas — you know, that holiday that celebrates the birth of Christ. Some PC types, lest anyone get offended, decided to scrap it in favor of “Happy Holidays.

1. atlantaman says:

I know some of what you say is in jest, but if the point is for the City to rid itself of the Christian religion then why insult the believers by coming up with cartoonish subsitutions for what is a very serious Christian holiday.

2. Three Jack says:

Then don’t visit Alpharetta on Easter, find another town to hunt eggs, eat brunch, etc. Local control means locals can make dumb decisions and live with the consequences, the rest can ignore them.

3. UGA Wins 2005 says:

Bill:

No wonder you are a left wing Democrat, you have the same lack of beliefs that seem to be common in that “party.”

4. atlantaman says:

As far as I can tell, this thread was not a debate as to whether Alpharetta should have local control over the matter.

5. shep1975 says:

Is this the same Bill Simon I met at the Georgia Republican Party convention? A left-winged Democrat? Maybe a moderate Republican (but not on all issues).

Back to paganism…the bunny and eggs are pagan symbols. Are we saying that Alpharetta City Government supports paganism? They dropped the “Easter” but kept the eggs and bunnies. Maybe Alpharetta just worships at the alter of commericalism.

P.S. I am an ultra-right-winged (have been referred to as a “wacko” on more than one occuasion). I have also been accused of being a moderate-left RINO. It’s odd what conclusions people draw when they barely know you.

6. Bill Simon says:

Not only do I attend Georgia Republican conventions, but I also traveled down to Florida as a member of the 2000 Bush-Cheney Recount Team in December of 2000 to stop Al Gore and his folks from stealing the election. Where were YOU, UGA Wins, when that was going on?

But, UGA, call me whatever you wish…the more you froth at the mouth like you do, the more you demonstrate what I know about the majority of people who graduate from UGA.

7. Shep,

Welcome to the club. I’ve been accused of not being a “real Democrat” some many times it’s rediculous.

It’s almost as if you can’t agree with the opposing party from time to tim or else you’ll be labled as a traitor.