Random Non-Georgia Politics Question of the Day

Is the country ready already for Flight 93 the movie? I do not plan on going to watch it because I don’t want to pay a king’s ransom to cry for two hours.

Thoughts?

1. SouthernConservative says:

President Bush’s approval rating shot sky high in the year that followed the 911 attacks, primarily because we, as the voters of this nation, possessed a felt need for the course of action he advocated, based on our outrage and acceptance of the truth of the horrible crime that had been perpetrated against us. In the 5 or so years since, the liberal media, in their attempts to assassinate and remove our conservative national leaders, has completely dampened, and in some cases, eliminated our realization and rememberance of what actually happened.

This morning, I watched the trailer on iTunes for the first time. As I watched, though it was just a short teaser, I sat at my desk and tears just ran down my face. Even I, as a strong supporter of our President’s foreign policy, have forgotten the intense emotions in my gut when I remember what happened.

I think this movie is important for us, as a people and as a culture, because we need to remember.

2. GAPeach says:

I saw the trailer on MSNBC last night. It is quite disturbing. I will not be seeing the movie.

3. shep1975 says:

I’m a bit torn. I would bet most on this blog, both Republican and Democrat, still get pretty emotional regarding Sept. 11, but I think most of America has moved on. Is 5 years, like the audience in California yelled at the screen, too soon for a film honoring the heros who took it upon themselves to not become a weapon?

We honor celebrities like Johnny Cash and great leaders like George Patton in films, why can’t we honor these people? Personally, I also don’t want to pay $8.50 to cry for 2 hours, but maybe the movie is needed to remind some people that the war on terror still needs to be fought (will let another blog line figure out how).

4. Melb says:

I think the movie is to soon, and I start to think about the actors or directors or whatever playing these parts, pretending to go through such a real drama, that effected so many real people, it just seems like they are capitalizing on others pain and emotions, and just kind of crass, even though I am sure they are trying to honor them, it just doesn’t seem right in my mind. I am not going to see it.

5. buzzbrockway says:

I think it’s time for a movie like this – maybe past time. These folks were heroes and their stories should be told. People also need to remember what 9/11 was all about. With moonbats like Charlie Sheen claiming the destruction of the World Trade towers were a “controlled detonation” it’s obvious to me some people need a refresher course on terrorism and the threat we face.

I plan to see the movie and I’m glad it’s been made.

6. Demonbeck says:

Charlie Sheen told me that Flight 93 was all a hoax anyway, so I guess it’s a work of fiction. As a result, I see no problem with the movie.