Casey Cagle for Lt. Governor

Because Monday’s post has moved to page two… Have at it…

I’ll start: Casey Cagle strongly supported and voted for Governor Perdue’s proposal on eminent domain.  Casey Cagle sponsored and passed a significant income tax cut for senior citizens.  Casey Cagle is a leader respected by his colleagues who has the integrity and character that Georgians can trust in office.

1. debbie0040 says:

Let’s don’t stop with just campaign managers. Let’s include campaign staff as well.

2. debbie0040 says:

Hortense, What crime has Ralph been charged with? I have repeatedly ask for proof of yours and others allegations and none have been provided. Larry Smith made allegations that are completely untrue and out right lies. I am wide awake, sister/brother whatever you are.

For Ralph’s stance on imminent domain:

3. debbie0040 says:

For Ralph’s stance on imminent domain:

4. larry smith says:

Debbie,

I know stockpiling provisions for the New World Order can be very time consuming, so I dug up the actual article from the Washington Post on the Reed subpoena for you.

It says that “federal officials have assembled a criminal task force” and “task force officials have supoenaed records at Reed’s firm.”

This is far from the only time Ralph has been forced to provide information to this probe under legal duress. You can apologize for calling me a liar whenever you want.

5. Bull Moose says:

Debbie:

It’s spelled E-M-I-N-E-N-t and Casey Cagle voted in favor of the Governor’s bill. I guess Ralph doesn’t support the Governor huh?

How come Ralph can’t support the Governor’s bill on eminent domain?

I want a candidate for Lt. Governor that supports our Governor.

6. Chris says:

As Jason has pointed out on the front page, the jury is still out on how our local elected dictators, erm I mean officials, might twist the term blight in their pursuit of our property.

As for Sen. Cagle, voting for the bill was the _least_ I expected from him. I would have liked to see him take more of a leadership roll in pushing that bill through the GA.

And I give him no cred for the Sr. Citizen tax cut. I see it as a transparent ploy to garner support with a demographic that votes in large numbers. If Sen. Cagle really wanted to show leadership and vision he would have pushed for one of the several bills that would have eliminated the state income tax, or baring that – limited the ability of the GA to spend our money.

Casey Cagle still has my support. I’m just not going to be as eager to open my wallet this year.

7. HowardDawg says:

That campaign manager for Cagle, elizabeth, I think, is a honey!

Haven’t met the Reed staff except for some volunteers at an event. Well, there’s that one with the column and some rather unfortunate things she wrote about herself. We’ll list that as unattractive.

My wife thinks that Cagle is very handsome and that Ralph is just plain weasely.

8. debbie0040 says:

No apology will be forthcoming. You said Reed was subpoenaed and when are you going to provide proof of your other untrue/lies allegations ? The records subpoenaed were part of the Abramhoff investigation. You guys know that Reed will not be charged. It is just a Cagle campaign tactic.To refresh your memory:

larry smith said,
    April 4, 2006 @ 12:45 pm

Debbie,

Did you know that Ralph has hired Bill Clinton’s former counsel who is now one of the top white collar criminal defense lawyers in the United States to represent him?

Are you aware that Ralph has been subpoenaed by a federal criminal probe?

Are you aware that Ralph is also a target of investigations by two Republican-led U.S. Senate committees?

Did you know that Ralph’s own campaign is paying his legal bills with funds contributed by donors?

Bull Moose: I don’t want a candidate that is a puppet for the Governor or anyone else. I want a Lt. Governor that is independent.

Larry Smith: I see you don’t like being asked to provide proof for your allegations. Tell me, how long have you and Michael Moore been buddies?

9. jackson says:

I wouldn’t take a lot of time arguing facts with Debbie. She really isn’t interested in them. She sounds like the same debbie that is drinking the kool-aid and makes seriously wacky statements on the ajcinsider blog. Read some of her comments on pretty much any thread and you will get the point.

Btw, that does not mean I am not interested in debating anyone who thinks Ralph Reed is good for the party, but some folks would still be supporting Ralph if he in a orange jumpsuit hanging out with his buddy Mitch Skandalakis. They shouldnt be worth our time.

10. thebreeze says:

There’s about $4 million reasons why anyone should be hesitant to follow RR, but then again there are cliffs and there are pigs….

11. spaceygracey says:

Oh dear… I hate to be the one to have to do this, but Peach Smack to Bull Moose.

Bull, hon, the reason this blog is so, uh, readable and fun and even kinda informative on a good day is that folks have really made an effort to avoid worn-out political BS and campaign cliches. And then you backslide and come up with sticky-icky fluff like this:

“Casey Cagle is a leader respected by his colleagues who has the integrity and character that Georgians can trust in office.”

Come on Bull. You can do better.

12. larry smith says:

Debbie,

Each sentence in my post is 100% factually correct, as you could easily discover if you’d take the time to check it out.

You’re clearly a nut who won’t listen to reason and I’m done trying to offer any facts to you.

13. larry smith says:

And, Debbie …

It’s A-B-R-A-M-O-F-F.

I am sure that Bull and I can chip in on a copy of “Hooked on Phonics” for you. You’ll just have to promise to put your glass of Kool-Aid down long enough to read it.

14. debbie0040 says:

I did investigate Larry and found it untrue. If your sentences are factually correct, then provide proof. I really appreciate you taking time off watching “Brokeback Mountain” to respond but I want PROOF!

You are clealy someone that likes to make wild accusations then offer no proof. Sure you are not a Democrat in disguise?

Let’s take a look at others that have partaken of the so called Kool-Aid:

Former Republican National Committee Woman Carolyn Meadows

Newt Gingrich

John Smoltz

Bob Nardelli

Randy Evans

Sue Everhart

15. Bull Moose says:

Most of these people endorsed Reed before the truth came out about his business dealings with Jack Abramoff.

I am sure that given the facts now, most of these people would reconsider their endorsement.

Also, remember, some of them are lock stock and barrel invested in the status quo so they have no choice but to support Ralph Reed.

16. northside elephant says:

It is amusing to me when Reed people start naming endorsements! It’s a pretty short list.

IT’S INSIDE BASEBALL ANYWAY!

Do you think the average Republican primary voter cares what Carolyn Meadows thinks? Even if they live in Cobb County they probably don’t know who she is!

Ralph’s list of endorsements is anemic compared to Casey’s anyway and you just look a little silly bragging about it.