- Balance the budget by 2011
- Eliminate over 150 Federal Programs
- Provide $358 billion in reconciliation savings over five years
- Provide $392 billion in net deficit reduction over five years
- Recind highway bill earmarks
- Eliminate the Federal gas tax by 2012
and many other things proposed by the 1994 Contract with America. In fact the RSC calls this budget that “Contract With America Renewed.” On hand for the press conference were Georgia Congressmen Phil Gingrey, Tom Price and Lynn Westmoreland. All three spoke to those present in support of the bill and the fiscally conservative principles it espouses.
This budget deserves serious consideration, and with over 100 members in the RSC, hopefully it will.