Pulitzers for the AJC?

According to Editor and Publisher, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is likely to receive three nominations for the Pulitzer Prize. According to Editor and Publisher’s sources, the AJC’s nominees will be:

• Cynthia Tucker in the Commentary category.
  • Mike Luckovich for best Cartoonist and,
  • The paper will receive a nomination in the Breaking News category for their coverage of the Brian Nichols Courthouse shooting.

1. UGA Wins 2005 says:

Is there an award for the most hard core left wing anti military, anti Republican, anti capitalism newspaper?

Now there’s a catagory the AJC would excel in.

2. bird says:

Man, I hate to see all the ‘Pubs getting abused by the media and the Nobel Committee. There really is no justice.

Yes, if you think Rush Limbaugh is the center, then most media is left-wing.

Personally, the AJC is too conservative for my tastes.

But go ahead and play the victim. Christianity Under Assault! Family Values Attacked! Conservatives Discriminated Against on College Campuses!

You guys have this victim thing down better than any group I’ve seen.

3. George Allen 08 says:

The AJC is too conservative for your tastes? Either you’re being incredibly sarcastic or you’ve been reading too much of the Daily Worker.

4. spaceygracey says:

Awesome. Cin D T rocks out! Guess who wrote the, kinda sorta, breaking news guest editorial about Ms. Smith on 3/15/05? Yep, that would be Yours Truly, Spacey G. I wonder if this will make me a Pulitzer nominee by association? (FYI… The Daily Worker turned down same piece. I always submit there first.)

5. UGA Wins 2005 says:

Bill, how can they be against capitalism? Easy….liberals have always taken a different path from what they would have the masses take. They never practice what they preach, and the AJC is right at the front of the pack.

And Luckovick or whatever dont have the gonads to do a cartoon similar to the European cartoon that set off the peaceful muslims across the world.

6. Rusty says:

I nominate UGA Wins 2005 for blog troll of the year, but not before I add my own entry to the fray:

The conservative heart has natural hatred for niggers, fags, women, rag heads and anything else that doesn’t match their lily-white skin. This hatred stems from an inferiority complex rooted partly in fear of having smaller penises than the common nigger, and partly in fear that they might actually have to compete in the work place without the help of the Good Ol’ Boy network they’ve been benefiting from for hundreds of years.

Erick, I hope you’re happy with this dead weight dragging your site down.

7. Beth says:

Rusty – Not sure I’ve seen somebody this stupid and mean spirited in a long time. If I had a vote, which I don’t, you would never be able to post hear again.

Erick – dump this moron. You have a great blog here that has some heated disagreements, but not the hatred displayed in Rusty’s post.

8. Rusty says:

Beth,
    I forgot to add:

The conservative heart does not accept or understand irony, which is viewed as a repugnant form of moral relativism.

9. bird says:

Dear Senator Allen,

Thank you for taking the time out of your senatorial duties to respond to my post. However, I must regretfully disagree with you.

That is sarcasm. My comment on the AJC was not. The AJC is center to center-right. Because conservatives scream till they are blue in the face does not change the fact that big corporate media is going to be center to center-right.