New Poll Numbers Released Today

Strategic Vision published their latest Georgia numbers today.  One interesting note, the President is barely above 50% in GA.  It makes you wonder what an endorsement would do for candidates tomorrow if one was indeed on the way.

Bush:

Undecided 17%

Cagle:

Favorable 38%
Unfavorable 19%
Undecided 43%

MoE:  ±3 points

Remember, it is all about the trends.  I say this, because I know there are going to be comments about SV and their numbers, but compare these to previous numbers.  You can’t ignore the significance!

More here.  Courtesy of Strategic Vision.

1. larry smith says:

Riddle me this …

If Ralph’s fav-unfav is now down five among REPUBLICANS, how can anybody say with a straight face that he can win a general election?

2. Bill Simon says:

Because it’s just a poll, Larry. Polls are not the electorate. See the Election of 2002 with Roy Barnes’s poll numbers before the election of Governor Perdue.

3. GAWire says:

Trends, folks, trends! If there was a chart of this poll compared with previous SV polls conducted under the same guidelines and sample, Cagle would be GREEN/Up and Reed would be RED/Down.

Sonny, Cox and Taylor would be more or less Strait/Blue, but who really cares … Sonny has that one.

Bush is obviously RED/Down, which isn’t very signficant nationally; however, in Georgia, that is very significant.

Either way these numbers say one clear message about the LG race: Reed is the underdog, and Cagle is the man to beat. Reed lost the initiative. I just wish we were a little closer to July, but as long as these trends continue for a few more months, we will be campaigning for Cagle in the General.

And, for the record, I still don’t think Bush will endorse Reed tomorrow. If I am wrong, I will admit it, but unless GWB says “I endorse Ralph Reed for GA Lt Gov” then I won’t buy that as an endorsement. I do think he will probably say good things about Ralph, but that is nothing new, and the campaign will show all kinds of photos of them together and spin it as an endorsement as they did with Newt, but unless the Pres says those words, it ain’t an endorsement! If he does, I’ll admit it.

4. Cynthia says:

i think the only trend of note here is that Strategic Vision is still polling on georgia out of the goodness of its heart. Who is paying for these polls?? Its getting to be a good chunk of change polling so widely and so regularly.

I don’t trust polls this opaque. Until I can see the poll’s methodology and financial backers, I don’t put much faith in it.

5. larry smith says:

Bill,

I realize polls are only a representative sample of a population (GOP voters) that can’t be determined with precision. But, if you know of a better way to measure support prior to Election Day, I’m all ears.

6. Bill Simon says:

I guess my point is, Larry, that Casey should be running as though he is 10 points behind rather than feeling any confidence in poll numbers.

7. Brian from Ellijay says:

Campaign as the underdog always. Even if you are ahead. Never take anything for granted; people, counties/bases of support, money, volunteers or most of all votes.

Hard lessons to learn, the best teacher is the hardest–experience.

Trust me, I know.

8. landman says:

Trust me when I tell you,that the Cagle team is not and will not take anything for granted until the last vote is cast in November.Unlike some would have you believe Cagle’s staff is building a very impressive grassroots organization and are getting ready to take it to the LOBBYIST from Mt. Sugarloaf.

LEADERS NOT LOBBYIST……CAGLE ’06

9. Brian from Ellijay says:

An event this size there is a lot to do. I am not picky at how I help out.

Whats that verse about serving? And the last being first and vise versa.