Reed Election Year Kick Off

I just got an invite to Ralph Reed’s kick off event. Haley Barbour, the governor of Mississippi, will be present to speak for Ralph. The hosts of the event are Fred Cooper, Pete Correll, Jim Edenfield, Bernie Marcus, Guy Millner, Bob Nardelli, and Joe Rogers. That’s a pretty swank list of hosts. Tickets are $1000. Co-Chairs pay $5,000.00.

1. larry smith says:

Every name on that list has been with Ralph since day one. No news there, except for Haley … buy hey, lobbyists have to stick together, right?

2. spaceygracey says:

Think I’m supposed to be jumpin’ out of a cake at that one. Least that’s what the order form says. And yes, they pay ME, not the other way around. Hmmm…pink or black thong, guys? Silly me. I know what’ll drive those wild Republican red-blooded men wild… a red one. Gosh darn it all, I’m so clever I’m going to have to go, uh, like write something. See ya’ll at the hoe-down.

3. Maurice Atkinson says:

Interesting. Yesterday the buzz in Macon was dominant. Casey presented a compelling speech. He is an interesting person with a story many can relate too. His proposals are not sound byte but are substantive.

Today I spent the day at the Capitol with employees from the company I work for then spent the evening at the Taste of Macon. In most every conversation there is a buzz about this race and there is definitely good will and support for Senator Cagle.

If I were we betting man, my money would be Casey. He has a capable staff that works like none I’ve seen or assisted with. They’re organized from the top down and using all means to get the message out.

Casey is definitely a person people can admire and trust.

4. Michael C says:

Casey is the real deal. Casey has a platform and you can read it in detail on his website. It is not just rhetoric it real policy. His opponent’s is simply “I didn’t know I was taking Indian Casino money”. Go see Casey at a live event. You will not be disapointed.

5. possum says:

Say, isnt Pete Correll one of Georgia’s major polluters?

Just curious. It’s perfect for him to support Reed because, as we all know, The Lord just winks at America’s corporate environmental devastation because The Rapture is just around the corner anway.

I forget. What book of the Bible is that in? The Book of Ralph?

6. I met Casey Cagle last night at the Taste of Macon myself, and I have to say (as a Democrat) that I could live with him as Lt. Governor of Georgia.

That is, of course, if he wins the General Election.

7. Bill,

I wouldn’t take it that far. I’m not one of those crazy Democrats that hopped up and left the country after Bush was re-elected.

I’ll just stick it out and work to make sure that Ralph Reed is defeated when he runs for re-election.

Of course, that is contingent on him getting elected this year.

8. Tommy_a2b says:

I was just about to jump on the Cagle Wagon and now a Dem in Atlanta says he could live w/ Cagle for Lt Gov. Someone call Casey and tell him I am out and looking for a Real Republican. Okay call EMS I was just kidding, lol.

9. landman says:

Erick,you are stargazing again,Reed can bring Santa Clause to town but he is who he is!!!!!

PUBLIC SERVICE NOT SELF SERVICE……CAGLE ’06

10. GAWire says:

If Reed brings Santa Claus to town, then I will vote for him.

Otherwise, I doubt that any of you are shocked that I am not breaking out my checkbook to write a check to Ralph’s campaign.

Besides the idea of this event raising money, which it no doubt will do, it will do nothing for increasing voter popularity for Ralph, b/c the voters that will determine this race don’t have a clue who half of those hosts are, and they care about the Governor of Mississippi just about as much as they did about Katherine Harris coming to town.

Another question (perhaps for all of you finance report junkies out there) is how many of the people that would pay to attend this event have already maxed out on Ralph?

11. law303peachtreeroad says:

Reed has this wrapped up. The sad thing is that Reed will remember EVERY ONE of those people that supported Casey Cagle over him, and won’t forget them while he becomes The Governor of this state in 2010.

Talk on this race should cease to exist; all it does is bring a bunch of Cagle weasels out of the woodwork to bark about how much more money, and how much better a candidate Ralp Reed is than their “humble Gainesville businessman”. Shut up, and get real.

12. landman says:

Law,Im sure everyone of those people that support Cagle are shaking in their boots now,Get real CC is going to spank RR.

LEADERS not LOBBYIST……CAGLE ’06

13. larry smith says:

Law,

I’ll presume from your screen name that you’re employed as a junior associate at McKenna Long at 303 Peachtree Street. Ralph is dropping $4k a month on legal advice from your firm that we know of, probably more.

It doesn’t come as a huge shocker that you’re carrying his water online. Let’s just hope for Ralph’s sake that your white collar defense skills are sharper than your political analysis.

P.S. How do you reckon Ralph’s donors would feel about knowing they’re helping to pay his legal bills?

14. GAWire says:

“””Reed has this wrapped up … Shut up, and get real. “””

Law, with that kind of analysis, people must be knocking down your door for that kind of “expertise”. First of all, those “Cagle weasels” you speak of are your fellow Republicans, supporting a great state senator, great candidate, and as far as I can tell, a great man.

Your suggestion is to stop talking about this race, b/c anybody who doesn’t support your guy – Ralph – is wrong, stupid, and ultimately a “weasel”. Typical … why am I not surprised you support Ralph Reed?

I have 2 recommendations for you: 1) take a refresher law course or perhaps some campaign school courses. You need to learn some more before speaking. 2) Go ahead and book some R & R spa time for you and Ralph for late July, b/c you guys will need something to help get over your bitterness from losing.

One other thing, I hope you know that the campaign – the Reed campaign, that is – hates people talking like you do, b/c it only makes Ralph appear more like the person that he is trying to get away from … that arrogant, know-it-all, two-faced, lying personality, which those of us that know Ralph, know as his true personality.

Perhaps you are really against Ralph, and since you apparently work for the firm that he retains, there is no other way for you to make him look bad, except to sound like a crazed supporter, who accentuates all the bad traits that so many people know about Ralph Reed. That is my psycho-analysis/conspiracy theory for the day … again, I presume to know a lot about folks just from reading their comments. The nerve I have …

15. law303peachtreeroad says:

I think the spa reservations should be made for the Cagle, Handel, Black supporters… We’ll see who is eating crow in July. In the meantime I appreciate the psycho-analysis/conspiracy theory of yours, WIRE, but think it is a little far fetched. As for the 303 connection, note that it is Peachtree ROAD, not Peachtree STREET Larry!

I think Ralph Reed and his campaign are not at all compelled to feel the way you depict them: “hates people talking like you do, b/c it only makes Ralph appear more like the person that he is trying to get away from … ” I’m sure you Cagle fans are looking for anything to type that makes you feel better about your chances though.

~Reed ’06