New Brian Kemp Initiative

From the press release:

State Senator Brian Kemp, Republican candidate for Georgia’s Agriculture Commissioner, announced his Kemp Plan to Protect Our Families. The Kemp Plan can be downloaded from his website at www.votebriankemp.com/protecting.htm.

The Plan outlines Kemp’s proposals to overhaul and improve the Department’s homeland security functions to prevent, not just respond to, a terrorist attack on Georgia’s food supply. Kemp calls for revamping the Department’s website to allow parents to sign up for email updates of food recalls and access nutrition information – including easy to prepare recipes for working parents to provide their families with nutritious meals made from Georgia grown products.

In a revolutionary move, Kemp will also lead a vigorous effort to improve nutrition in our public schools. Kemp will development model nutrition standards for all public schools, work to eliminate all junk food in public school vending machines, and renew an emphasis on physical education and nutrition as part of the state’s basic education curriculum.

1. Jack S says:

To all the Black supporters from the previous post, namely Romegaguy: hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahhahahah.

I don’t know where the magic comes from but the Kemp folks do it again.

This is how a down ballot race should be run.

2. Capt. says:

Wow, this is really impressive. For city boys like me, it really paints a picture of why I should care about Ag. Commissioner and why I should vote for Senator Kemp.

3. Redman says:

Well I ain’t a black staffer (heck I’m actually half white! Why are we getting racial anyways?) But I’ll vote for KEMP if he can land me and my family some FREE SUGAR BOWL tickets next year. It would help my family out alot

4. Redman says:

Well I ain’t a Black staffer (I’m actually half white! Why are we getting racial anyways) But I will vote for KEMP…if he can land me and my family some free SUGAR BOWL tickets next year.

5. ConservativeFire says:

I heard today that Kemp passed some kind of bill that promote bio fuels and alternative energy. I don;t know the details–someone just called me and told me about it. If that happened with this new plan, Gary’s people have to be running in circles, like a stupid dog trying to bite it own ass.

6. Capt. says:

I like the part where he provided a plan that affects and helps and promotes all Georgians. And how he, unlike his opponents, plans to bring the Ag Department into the 21st century. It just proved to me what everyone has told me, Kemp is a visionary leader.

7. ConservativeFire says:

with a plan like the one kemp just released and the fact that he is actually doing something about alternative fuel sources besides sending about press releases about it, he will be the next commissioner.

8. Commissioner 2% Milk. Didn’t the bill passed mandate that buses etc use only 2% biodiesel blend by 2010? If we’re giving outselves 4 years, why not make it higher than 2%? I wouldn’t be surprised if we already use an average of 2% and this is just a feel good measure that codifies existing practice.

9. I look forward to calling Brian Kemp Commissioner as well, but not until 2012 or so when he revives his stalled political career by running for Madison County Commission chairman 😮

10. Mike says:

That AJC blog is pretty freakin funny. Thank the good Lord for Brian Kemp. If Kemp is not elected, my children will starve, my wife will leave me and my hair will fall out. Why is this guy running for AC. Kemp for President! Hail Kemp!!!…Hail Kemp!!!….Hail Kemp!!!!

11. Cadillac says:

Chrishardcore – you need to stop smoking dope!

I thought the AJC Blog was very informative, the Gary Black team is just pissed because they can’t get any attention from the media.

12. Bud says:

Gary reminds me more of a losing candidate for dog catcher in podunkville, Iowa. He couldn’t even be viable in that. If you want to talk BS and no substance than so be it.

It sounds to me that someone is a little jealous about the lack of attention and seriousness they get.

13. stephaniemills21 says:

Cadillac, if you found that AJC blog informative, you are off your rocker. It was totally staffers writing the majority of that crap. Now, I could care less who is elected on your side, Irvin will win hands down. I was just pointing out that the AJC blog has been attacked by Kemp staffers.

14. JulieSMI says:

the Dems are obviously nervous and scared. Irvin is toast. He doesn’t even know where he is most of the time.