Strategic Vision Polling

There is a new one out.
Highlights:

Sonny beats Mark and Cathy.
Ralph’s negatives are higher than his positives.
More would vote for Ralph than Casey.
Sonny has higher favorables than Johnny who has higher favorables than Saxby who has higher favorables than GWB.
Cathy has higher favorables than Mark.
Less than 50% think GWB is a Ronald Reagan conservative.

1. Bull Moose says:

The Governor seems to be doing well. That’s a good sign!

I am stunned that there are people still supporting Ralph Reed, he’s doing better than I thought he would considering the baggage he’s carrying around with him these days. Notice though, he’s trending lower and lower… If he were a stock, the advice from brokers would be to SELL.

2. Jack S says:

If memory serves, doesn’t this mean that Ralph’s unfavorables ratings have skyrocketed and that he’s lost about 10 points since this summer? I just looked at the results and I think that more vote for Ralph is a bit disingenuous. yeah, he has a few points edge, but he’ s lost tons of ground and Casey has gained substantially.

Bull’s right, great news for Gov.

3. GAWire says:

The negative trend for Ralph continues consistently. Another thing we have to remember is that this is registered voters, so add a few to the MoE for more accurate numbers relating to Republican-only respondents.

4. GAWire says:

6 pts b/t Ralph and Casey right now – w/26% or so undecided. Wow. Two things I am learning from this: 1) these numbers are not extremeley accurate, but are fine to show trends at this point; and, 2) Ralph’s negative trends greatly outweigh Casey’s steady rise.

5. ugadog says:

I think it’s interesting that Cathy Cox’s lead over Mark Taylor has gone from 13% in September to 10% in October to 8% in December to 6% in January. Cox’s lead over Taylor has been more than cut in half. I just wanted everyone to have ugadog written down as predicting Mark Taylor as winning the Democratic Nomination for Governor.

6. ugadog says:

Since September, Cathy Cox’s lead over Mark Taylor has gone from 13%, to 10% to 8% to most recently 6%. When compared to Perdue, Perdue only gets 1% less than he gets against Taylor. I think this coupled with the fact that Taylor has a 1.5 million dollar cash on hand advantage spells real doom for Cox. This wouldn’t be such a big deal had Cox built her whole campaign around the idea that because she is a woman, she has a better chance of beating Perdue. The fact is that for the very serious office of Governor, the voters of Georgia will pick a serious candidate.