A Freeper Rumor

From the Peach Pundit tipline, we have this bit of information forwarded to us. The information comes from a post at Free Republic:

Valdosta Mayor John J. Fretti said he hadn’t made up his mind about the race until he recently attended a gathering that both Cagle and Reed attended. Fretti said a Reed staffer spoke with him.

“I was literally told I would feel the pain if I did not support the Reed campaign,” he said. “I was offended. I don’t react well to intimidation.”

Fretti later endorsed Cagle.

Again: (1) Rumor. (2) Free Republic.

1. Bill Simon says:

1) Not a rumor, but a fact. 2) Had Erick read the AJC several weeks ago, he would have seen that this story about Fretti first appeared there in the story where Ralph said God spoke to him and told him to run.

But, perhaps it is just a rumor that God spoke to Ralph…

2. UGA Wins 2005 says:

The momentum, everything is with Cagle now. Everything that is, except the pain…..Reed still has that on his team.

3. John Fretti says:

Bill Simon is correct. The ajc article ran on 11/20/05. Tis not rumor.
    Here’s the thing…The person that told me that “It would not bode well for my city if I didn’t support Ralph and that he would remember this” is a good guy. I personally like him and I know that he is a sharp guy. The mantra was obviously embedded…he drank the Kool-Aid. So at the time, whether volunteer or staff, it had all the markings of representing the Reed campaign.

More notably; When approached by the Cagle campaign, they were ALL polite, informative, and diplomatic.

And finally; while everyone is having a big time slapping this thing around…the real story is that I then studied Caseys’ record, personal information and his platform (you know, the important stuff that gets overlooked by the media headline recon). The choice then became clear…crystal clear…Cagle 06!

4. Jack S says:

CAGLE 06!!!

This is the funniest thing I’ve read on here. Ralph Reed is such a fraud.

To volunteer for Ralph’s campaign, call 1800 Rent-A-Christian.

5. Karla Stuckey says:

I suppose every candidate should be held accountable for all the stupid things supporters say. If so, Reed should start with this blog for plenty of charges against Cagle.

6. Bull Moose says:

There is a difference between a supporter and a staffer.

A staffer worth his or her salt wouldn’t DARE say some of the stuff on here that we supporters say about both candidates…

If I were an elected official and were threatened by a staffer, I’d announce it at a very public event with the candidate that threatened me.