New poll numbers released

New poll numbers from Strategic Vision were released …

Sonny’s job approval:

Unfavorable 38%
Undecided 18%

Cagle favorable/unfavorable:

Favorable 38%
Unfavorable 18%
Undecided 44%

This is just a quick glance at the results, and this is not my “analysis” of the numbers. Check out the full results for more details.

1. Tommy_a2b says:

As I look at this info closer I see this.

7. Do you view President Bush as a conservative in the mode of Ronald Reagan? (Republicans only)
    No 40%
    Undecided 16%

44% must have been born in 1980.
    16% born in 1978.

2. GAWire says:

Cox’s numbers are just favorables/unfavorables. See this question for comparison to Sonny …

If the election for Governor were held today, whom would you vote for Sonny Perdue, the Republican or Cathy Cox, the Democrat?

Sonny Perdue 54%
    Cathy Cox 41%
    Undecided 5%

MoE is +/- 3

3. GAWire says:

Bush’s overall job performance was 42% (fav)-44% (unfav). However, approval of Bush’s handling of the Iraq War were 46% (appr)-43% (disappr). Does anyone else see that is weird?

4. Ben King says:

I think the SCOTUS snafu hurt him from the right – this would make his overall decline without hurting his Iraq numbers. He’s got more going on than Iraq.

5. Harry says:

For many, it’s the economy.

For me, the problem is tremendous, unchecked spending on federal welfare and pork.

6. Chris says:

20. If the Republican primary for Lieutenant Governor was held today, whom would you vote for Ralph Reed or Casey Cagle? (Republicans only)
    Ralph Reed 44%
    Casey Cagle 30%
    Undecided 26%

This tells me that the whole Abramoff thing is not registering with most people. Not suprising really. Other than the type of people who read political blogs, who pays attention to the various different scandals occuring all the time in DC? I’m sure quite a few people who have heard there are allegations pending against Reed chalk it up to some left wing funded plan to attack Honest Decent RepublicansTM as revenge for trying to get rid of Clinton 7 years ago.

Reed could easily spin either of these (the yawn factor or the vast left wing conspiracy) and win the primary. That’s bad for us, because we’ll end up with an embattled LG who is spending a good deal of time dealing with his defense and not getting things done in the Gen Assembly.

Of course if Reed loses, then the Left will be all self-congradulations for having defeated the “Evil Christian Theocrat”. Their smugness will be sickening.

Interestingly, either way, they win and we lose. Reed wins, and they can make him ineffective. Reed loses and they can claim credit.

I’ll deal with the smugness to get stuff done.

7. larry smith says:

Chris,

Considering that Cagle has yet to spend a dime in adverstising, and Reed is a nationally known political figure, don’t you think a 44 to 30 poll represents a significant problem for Reed?

If most respondents have formed an opinion of Reed, and he’s stuck at 44%, then an outcome near the 52-48 mark seems likely (unless the current dynamic changes).

8. GAWire says:

I haven’t had a chance to do any comparison of these numbers vs previous ones, so can sometime tell me how the Reed vs Cagle numbers, as well as fav/unfavs for both compare to any previous numbers?

9. GAWire says:

Just want some comparison … not necessarily personal opinion in the analysis, but who am I to reject your input? Everybody’s opinion is, of course, welcomed. Which brings up a good point … I have been the one to mention polling data (even if the source might be questionable to some) b/c it gives us something to really debate with evidence, instead of us just making it a personal battle with insults, etc, which I admit I often do about Ralph.

I am a bottom line, go by the numbers type of guy. So, here is some data … feel free to give your analysis based on it. I have to admit, the data here does go towards Ralph, even if we can twist it to be negative. But, that is why I am still interested to know whether or not if these numbers have improved, declined, or stay the same for this race. I guess I should look for myself – billable work is overrated I guess, anyways …

10. stephaniemills21 says:

A quick look at Strategic Vision’s site, will give you all the info you need to know Wire. They have all the old polls on there. Now, i will say that a quick look shows that Ralph is not getting any traction. The numbers pretty much stay the same, or go down for Reed, but all within the MOE

11. Maurice Atkinson says:

Most people have no clue who is running for what. I would also be willing to bet money that if you asked 10 people who the current Lt. Gov. is, they couldn’t tell you.

This poll is of registered voters. Just a quick glance, it doesn’t look like it is of any partisan nature. Also, it doesn’t appear of likely voters.

The negatives of Reed should be concerning. It doesn’t surprise me that Cagle doesn’t have higher approval numbers. Most people still have no clue who he is. It is apparent, however, that of this poll people are not automatically being negative they preferred to be undecided. That is a very good sign.

12. You are right to be skeptical because these polls are fabricated the same as Insider Advantage’s are. I expect Bush’s approval rating (across the board on every issue) to be higher in Georgia than the rest of the country. And yet, his personal approval is ALWAYS higher than his approval of Iraq.

Even a lot of people who think he’s f*cked up Iraq still like him personally. And yet, in Georgia more people think he’s doing a good job in Iraq than like him personally? Huh? I mean, if you think things are going swimingly in Iraq you would certainly think Bush is doing a good job overall as well.

Strategic Vision kicked off their polling by releasing a poll of Georgia that was only 18% black. Then they released another poll two weeks later that was 25% black. And what happened — Bush increased his lead over Kerry in the second poll. OK as if that’s likely.

Why doesn’t someone ask Mike Crotts how Strategic Visions polls are seeing as he paid them consulting fees in his Congressional race and yet didn’t use them as his pollster.