1. UGA Wins 2005 says:

There are many of these types of videos on the internet on some of the vid sites. There is no question that we have the technology to win, the question with the gutter loving media and weak will of the Defeatists Democrats, will the people give the military the time they need to win?

2. Rusty says:

A marine friend of mine showed me that nearly a year ago after he got back from a tour in The Stan. Marines were passing those around on CDs. He’s got like 30 of them.

I’m not sure I understand your reasoning here, Erick. One piece of footage from one mission doesn’t exactly prove unequivocally that everything is righteous, just as one piece of torture footage from one prison doesn’t necessarily make all military personnel torturers.

3. GAWire says:

Rusty, This is a video of American military killing our enemy. Quit trying to make this something it’s not. Nobody is saying that everything is “righteous”!

Speaking of torture footage – can we get some of that, too?

4. Rusty says:

GAWire,
    Re:

Speaking of torture footage – can we get some of that, too?

If you want to split hairs over the medium, that’s fine. I was speaking hypothetically. There are no shortage of torture photos floating around, and there is video footage of mercenaries paid by our government plugging Iraqi civilians for sport.

As for demanding that I quit “[making] this something it’s not,” you might try a little more tact next time, bub. I wasn’t rude to you. Jingo bluster doesn’t go as far it used to.

5. GAWire says:

E – Thanks for the clarification on that – I thought he was calling me a name that I’ve never heard before.

Rusty, if you thought that was rude, then you must think Bill Simon is the devil (haha). My point was that I think you were trying to make this post more “political” than it is meant to be. I’ll give you a hug, though, since I apparently wasn’t playing nicee nice!

Re: the torture footage … that was another joke that evidently went right over your head. However, the mercenary thing might be kind of cool – where do I find that?

6. Rusty says:

GAWire,
    Crooks & Liars has the video.

Generally, I think I have a pretty good sense of humor. Please do explain your joke, as I was unable to grasp its meaning with my inferior intellect. Then maybe I can laugh, you can laugh, and we can kick off our shoes, dance around in a field of daisies and share a granola bar.

7. UGA Wins 2005 says:

Killing the enemy is the way wars are won. We havent found a better way. Certainly cuddling and coddling them from Washington has been found not to work.

8. Rusty says:

UGA Wins,
    The way to win a war is to strangle the enemy’s supply line. We didn’t outmuscle the USSR, for example. We outspent them.

The US will never, ever be able to kill enough people to “win” this war unless they wipe out the whole region with a barrage of nukes. That’s a fact.

Instead, the only way to “win” is to block small arms supply lines to render the insurgency’s attack capacity impotent, which will never happen with the low number of troops deployed. Sorry, but 150,000 foreign troops are not going to police 26 million people, especially when their training is in combat techniques and not guard duty.