In Which Bill Simon and My Wife Cry

No comment.

Georgia Tech was thinking overtime. Tim Jennings had something else in mind.After D.J. Shockley teamed up with Bryan McClendon to put No. 13 Georgia ahead, Jennings intercepted a pass with just over a minute remaining to preserve the Bulldogs’ fifth straight victory over No. 20 Georgia Tech, a 14-7 defensive struggle Saturday night.

1. DoubleDawg3 says:

While Reggie Ball did throw that wonderful interception, look on the bright side GT fans…at least he didn’t throw the ball out of bounds on 4th down this year (I loved that last year)! Seriously though, it was a good game…why is Jon Tenuta not a head coach, better yet, why is not Tech’s head coach?

GO DAWGS

2. Hammertime says:

Bill, your guys did great against Auburn and Miami and even (most….some…a handful?) Dawg fans cheer Tech except when on the same field. I hope y’all win at the Poulan Weedeater Bowl!

3. buzzbrockway says:

It’s funny to me how leading up to the game we heard that Tech isn’t really that big a game to UGA, yet after they won it was the biggest game of the year. The “UGA Journal-Constitution” cant decide if this was the biggest win for the dogs all year or merely another step toward immortality for Coach Ritch. It’s clear to my unbiased eyes that the Jackets are closing the gap and next year we’ll beat UGA and win our share of games in the future. 🙂

One more thing: Geaux Tigers!

4. pathfinder says:

On this point, I agree with Simon. I fondly remember as a child going to an exhibition game between Georgia Tech and the USSR basketball teams and watching my Goldwater Republican old man cheering for the commies.

Ain’t nothin’ quite as grand as good old fashion neighborly hate.

5. pathfinder says:

On the contrary, we are Cold War realists. The enemy of my enemy . . . .

By the way Techie, enjoy Boise.

6. UGA Wins 2005 says:

The screen name says it all.

I havent noticed that any Techies had the confidence to use a similar screen name…….

7. DoubleDawg3 says:

Boise in late December…grrrrr…I shudder at the thought of the cold ….normally I’d also shudder at the thought of playing on a blue field, but lets face it…there’ll be so much snow on it you’ll never be able to tell it’s blue. That’s what all you Techies could end up with…while the Dawgs get to stay in either the Georgia Dome (Sugar/Peach) or head to Florida once again.

Oh, and the post above about the Goldwater Republican Dad rooting for the USSR team – that made my day!