WWPD?

What Will Perry Do? As Silence said, Peach Pundit hears he will run for AG and will announce it today. We’re also hearing that you will see the full weight of the party behind him.

It’s been very clear through Peach Pundit’s sources that Perry is *the* man for the race as far as the party is concerned.

It will be very interesting to witness. While everyone is so divided on so many races, FINALLY the GAGOP will have a race other than the governor’s that it can rally around. Of course that all goes to the next question: can he beat Thurbert Baker?

1. landman says:

Eric,you sound as if you do not like contested primaries,is that the case?Just curious.

Silence,I dont know if its a shoo-in but I agree Stephens is looking pretty good in the SOS race.

Perry,is a good guy I look forward to helping him beat Baker.It will be a tough task,but I think we can do it.Now we just need a good candidate for Labor Commissioner.

2. I find it hard to believe that someone like Lamutt will look at the SOS primary and say ‘gee a woman who is pro-gay marriage and a guy who has more ethics problems than the Chicago Daleys; I’ll take a pass on that’.

No way.

3. Silence says:

Bill — I’m a hilarious, smart – ass crackhead.

Landman — Your candidate for labor commissioner is Bryan Kemp šŸ˜‰ He’s extremely well qualified for that. I look forward to finally having a candidate you and I can unite around šŸ˜€

4. Tommy_a2b says:

I keep getting told Lamutt is about to announce for something. I am also hearing it is a State Wide seat. Anyone else hearing that also?

5. buzzbrockway says:

It’s getting to the point where it’s too late for a candidate for Statewide office to emerge from the Legislature. It’s hard to raise significant money now, such a candidate will not be able to raise money from January – March, and as soon as the session is over the campaign is in full swing.

Someone like Lamutt or Herman Cain could pull it off because they can raise money while most of their competition is in session and they have the added advantage of being able to self-fund their campaign if they so choose.

Labor commish is not an appealing job for someone looking to climb the political ladder. If it was, I think you’d see Thurmond’s name on the ballot somewhere else, and you’d see some Republicans on the ballot already. That being said, the GOP needs a solid candidate for Labor….and soon.

6. Bull Moose says:

I’m getting sick of the Republican hypocrisy. Look at what’s happening on the national level — it is sickening.

Ralph Reed is a Washington Insider who would say or do anything to get business — he sold out his values as a lobbyist for casinos and Enron — what do you think he’ll do as an elected official? Big corporations and special interests will have one of their own in office — good for them — bad for us!

This Bill Stephens doesn’t have the ethics to oversee elections when he can’t even manage his own campaign funds. That just doesn’t even make sense.

I’m really burnt out on some of the hypocrisy and what’s worse is that there aren’t any other real options — the other party is just as bad if not worse.

7. Silence says:

You’re amazing, Bull, absolutely amazing, in the way you can so smoothly package a personal hate agenda in sugar coated rhetoric. Sometimes you almost fool even me.

8. Erick says:

Landman, I don’t mind contested primaries. I’m just glad to have one where I have increased odds of writing a post without starting a flame war in the comments.

9. landman says:

Silence- I have alot of faith in Kemp, but I dont think he can run both Departments,seriously who do you think steps up and runs for Labor Commissioner?Buzz made a good point when he said its not a high profile post if you have higher aspirations,but it would still be nice to have a good alternative to the present Commissioner.

Erick-10-4.

10. Silence says:

Me? A smart mouth? No, really, you’re joking, right? Sorry, landman, my comment about you and I uniting was about Perry, not Brian, I was unclear about that, my bad.

11. landman says:

Silence- we will unite around Kemp during the General,Im sure you have done the political calculus and seen there is no way for Gary to win the AC race. Its all about the numbers and they dont add up to a Black victory,but we can be civil in our disagreement because the end in mind is to put Mr. Tommy in retirement!!!!

12. Silence says:

I heartily agree with you there. While I do think Black’s the man for the job, I also have a great liking for Kemp on a personal level, and should he become the nominee, will gladly join with you in working my tail off to send Irvin home (funeral…home).