1. Bull Moose says:

Shove it Silence…

Anyone who is a true conservative and believed in the values of the Republican Party should be completely feed up with this mess permeating out of Washington, DC.

Whether it’s Ralph Reed or John Doe, anyone tied to all this mess just really doesn’t have any business serving in an office of public trust.

If this were a Democrat, I feel confident that all of the people defending those involved would be calling for resignations and such not of those involved.

It is hypocritical to do otherwise. Plain and simple. You may not like it, but that’s what it is!

So yeah, to me, Ralph Reed, Tom DeLay, Bob Ney, and a host of others tied up in this mess with Jack Abramoff are an embarrassment to those of us who count ourselves as true conservatives.

2. memberg says:

For years, Republicans merely claimed that Bill Clinton was an embarrassment to the Presidency. I’m sure you were quite satisfied with that message back then.

3. Silence says:

Bull,

Re-read. I never justified or defended RR. I’m through doing that. All I’m trying to get people to see is that in order to be a good, effective candidate, Casey Cagle’s message, such as it is, MUST eliminate any reference or mention of the name of Ralph Reed. That’s all I was saying. If you can’t take that, well, I sowwy.

4. Romegaguy says:

Maybe the liberal media edited Brad’s comments because secretly they want Ralph to be the nominee (albeit a mortally wounded nominee) so that he can help bring down the state GOP. It makes as much sense as saying “is that all they got over there?”

5. macongop says:

I donated to RR early in the race. With everything that has been brought out in the news lately, I feel really cheated. I’ve met RR several times and have for the most part agreed with his postion on issues, not all of them, but most. The one thing I can tell you about this race from a Middle Georgia view, is that Cathy Cox is going to win. I see no support for Cagle or RR down here. I’ve always said to friends that party control swings from one side to the other and when the extreme get in charge, the voters will swing the power back the other way.

6. Bull Moose says:

Silence — thanks for the clarification! Casey rarely talks about Ralph — but what he’s done is relevant to his ethical capacity to serve in public office. So yeah, I think he is an embarrassment to the party and Alexander was right in stating so.

Cagle is amassing a strong fundraising and grassroots base from which to run an effective campaign.

He is espousing ideas that are realistic in helping and improving our state and her citizens. Casey Cagle’s ideas are not rhetoric or half baked ideas borrowed from other states.

I’m really tired of the Ralph Reed dialogue here. His actions, whether legal or not, were unethical and inconsistent with his much talked about faith and values. I’m tired of Republicans making excuses.

It’s time to close the door on that chapter (Ralph Reed) and instead start focusing on how the Perdue/Cagle team can win in November 2006 against a Cox/whomever team — especially given that the national mood is trending Democratic…

7. Bill Simon says:

MaconGOP: Why are you mixing apples with Buicks? Cathy Cox is running for Governor against Mark Taylor and Sonny Perdue. Casey and RR are running for Lt. Governor. Cathy winning in middle-Georgia isn’t related to Cagle and RR.

8. albert says:

macongop, you probably won’t hear a bunch about the Reed mess and the other races until closer to the election. The metro area of Atlanta is the key battle ground. The only reason Cox has more exposure in Macon is due to the fact that there is a SOS office there and the dominant Party is the Democrat.

Also, most of the emphasis is on cleaning up the Ellis mess.