1. Romegaguy says:

Miers’ nomination is like Howard Mead running for the State Court of Appeals. Not enough experience for the position.

Miers should maybe consider FEMA director. I understand there is an opening there that doesnt require expeirence…

2. Bill Simon says:

Erick…speaking of someone having some “splainin” to do…let me get this straight: You’ve been “defending the President for 5 years” because of THIS event? Nominating a SC justice?

So, you think his being a major Socialist in BIG GOVERNMENT creation is worth defending so that you could get one/two replacement judges on the SC bench?

Boy…that kind of naivete is gong to be darned tough to overcome.

The signs were there that he was an incompetent nincompoop when it came to sticking to “conservative values”…his father was a Socialist…he is a Socialist…you apparently missed the hint when he proposed amnesty for all illegal aliens in the country way back in his first term.

The only thing this nomination proves to me is that Yale is not a school that demands academic excellence to get in and graduate from because there is NO WAY this clown is any smarter than I am. Richer, yes, but that came from being born into the right family; which had more to do with him getting into Yale than anything remotely resembling intellect. (“Hey, nobody knew those levees were going to break..”)

Bush is a freaking idiot, and the only reason he is allowed to run-off on his own and nominate Hazel at the moment is because Karl Rove is concentrating on his own hide and has let Georgie-Poo off his meds.

3. Erick says:

Bill, I actually did not say that. A commenter to my post did. That was an error. If you want what I wrote, go here. That’s my editorial for the RedState Directors.

In addition, I wrote this:

It appears, for what it is worth, that George W. Bush was the ultimate stealth nominee. He has acted like a true-blue conservative, talking the talk and walking the tax cut walk. But, he has expanded government, spent the future, and now nominated she who has the potential to be a female Souter.

4. Silence says:

Actually, Bill, he DIDN’T say it. Ari Shapiro said he said it, but it was really someone else who said it, and Shapiro thought he said it, so that’s why he said he said it. Make sense?

5. Bill Simon says:

Got it. I went back and listened to it again. My humblest apologies, Erick. Would you be so kind as to remove my entire attack post on what I thought you said because some guy from NPR said you said/wrote it? 🙂

6. GAWire says:

Waterboy,

You’re clearly stating fact that everyone already knows. Bill often sounds much like Neal Boortz (who I’m sure is his wet-dream fantasy idol), who says the things he does simply to get a rise out of people.

Bill,

The fact that you are referring to the Bush’s as Socialists tells me that you couldn’t make it thru Sociology 101 at Yale (or UGA for that matter – I know you are big “Dawg” fan and all), much less run the country better.

I agree with you on a number of issues, but those types of rants about the President aren’t going to make you sound any more legitimate in your arguments.

Witty sarcasm and banter is fun . . . outright rediculousness get’s old and doesn’t help the argument.

7. Bill Simon says:

Uh, GAWire, “Socialism” is both a form of economics and a form of society. The form I was referring to was that of Bush’s economic plans. In that context, he is a BIG government proponent…quite unlike anything Barry Goldwater covered under his brand of conservativsm.

8. Bill Simon says:

Ohhh..one other thing, GAWire: I do not listen to Boortz. He ain’t a fan of mine, much less a “wet dream.”

I was into Glenn Beck when he was on WGST in the morning, but, apparently Glenn’s brand of enfotainment isn’t what conservative Atlantans like too much. Seems like they’re all turning into zombies of prayer rather than being able to think on their own.