A Rumor

It is just a rumor — a rumor. But, while I was in Washington at the first of this week I had the chance to have a few beers (I use the term “few

1. Have heard the same thing from a few staffer friends in DC. It’s not about Abramoff, Reed, or Norquist so much as it is about enforcing the laws of this country.

There are people who go to jail for some of the things that these people stand accused of doing, no matter how much political influence a person has or they think they have, no one is above the law. If nothing else, there should be continued hearings and investigations about this stuff.

And for the record, regardless of what person or group of persons did this stuff, I would feel the same way. My convictions are strong, not convenient.

2. Erick says:

NOTE: please do not confuse my “expect a few — about 6” to reflect on my use of the word “few” in reference to my beer consumption Monday night. On Tuesday I was wishing that was all.

3. Silence says:

Touche, Bill.

I have to admit some apprehension about this. I have been open minded in this race thus far, though I think RR would have ultimately been the better choice. However, shrewd business dealings and connections with dead bodies are two completely different things. Should the accusations be true, and connected to RR by clear and convincing evidence, I’ll be making a decision quickly. However, it will have to be proven as to a jury — beyond a reasonable doubt; preponderance of the evidence won’t get it at this point.

It’s interesting that this comes on the heels of an article last week (mensnewsdaily.com/blog/2005/ 09/christian-coalition-creditors-may.htm) announcing that the national Christian Coalition might be in some financial trouble.

4. Tater Tate says:

Six beers and a DC staffer will say anything. I guess next we’ll read in the Inquirer that RR is really a space alien sent to take over the world.

McCain is such a grandstander. Short of an indictment, nothing his committee does will stick. At least that’s my prediction.

5. Bull Moose says:

Tater Tate — McCain is a national hero and an outstanding Senator — what his committee is doing is being taken very very serious — especially when the US Justice Department and FBI are involved as well…

6. Romegaguy says:

I think it is hillarious that the man McCain blames for his losing the presidential race in South Carolina (and nationally) he now gets to return the favor to. This could help McCain in his presidential bid in 2008…

7. Nate says:

I don’t care if you are a Reed or Cagle guy, but anyone who thinks McCain is a conservative is just ignorant. McCain looks out for #1 is a RINO anyway you look at him.

8. Bill Simon says:

Just because John Mccain doesn’t lie as much as George W. and a whole mess of other self-professed “Republicans” doesn’t mean he isn’t a true Republican.

The definition of what a Republican is and is not has been seriously WARPED over the past 5 years as we see example after example of Religious Fascists masking themselves as “Conservatvie Republicans” when, in fact, they are the furthest thing from it.