A Few Administrative Details

We value your comments. We also value our contributors and appreciate their time. So, let me offer up this for all of you:

The views of commenters and contributors are their own and don’t think that because Maverick or Bull have said something that I agree with it. So, save your IM’s and emails. Bull and Mav have their own email addresses and IMs.

The Reed v. Cagle stuff is getting old. The Handel v. Stephens stuff is already smelling. It’s time to move on.

I’m shutting down the Secretary of State thread below because the comments have slowly gotten out of hand. Bull Moose gets the last word.

Enjoy the site and feel free to argue your points, but be respectful.

1. Bull Moose says:

Bull Moose loves being Bull Moose — It’s kind of tongue and cheek — I hope you don’t think I’m an a** Bill or Erick… You know, Bull Moose doesn’t care whether Bull Moose has the first word the middle word or the last word — Bull Moose just thinks that this is a great forum…

Here’s a question — how good would it be to see Georgia play a more prominent role in the 2008 primaries? We should start an Iowa Straw Poll type of event… We have an early southern primary and with such a crowded field — we can parlay that into a very prominent role — what do you think?

2. landman says:

Landman,agrees with BM this site is a great forum to debate ,question,and discuss issues that concern our state and our party.The varying opinions on the different statewide races is a good thing it is indicative of a organization that has grown and is able to produce multiple qualified candidates and I much perfer this to the days where certain groups could handpick candidates for primary races.Yes,we must be civil and not personally attack one ‘s character because of his or her positions on issues but we all understand that Politics is a full contact sport and there is a requirement that one must have thick skin to play the game!!! I was fortunate enough to have been able to consider Lee Atwater a friend and he being older than me taught me alot ,our LG race would have been one he would have kept tabs on for sure. The SOS race looks to be another hotly contested race,and Im sure its going to get hot on these issues concerning some of these Gay stances that Handel seems to have,and so be it she needs to answer these because while Im no homophobe It doesnt fit in my core beliefs as a Republican.Stephens has his own issues but if he decides to make a point about these liberal stances it in no way makes him void of character,I mean this isnt a Democractic Primary guys.I strongly disagree with Maverick’s opinion of Joel he is very good at what he does for a living and unlike what Maverick thinks he doesnt control the AJC and what they choose to print about those seeking public office.He is in no way bad for our party but we all are entitled to our opinions and unfortunatly for him he has datractors such as Maverick that have been on the losing side of some of his campaigns and choose to make attacks at him.So lets keep up the debate ,but we all must remember at the end of the day the goal is to have a “R” by the name of all these offices and be prepared to support whomever wins!!!!!

3. Erick says:

Erick does not think Bull Moose is an ass. And Erick doesn’t care whether Bull Moose gets the first, last, or middle word just as long as Erick doesn’t get the middle finger for one of Bull Moose’s words 😉

4. Rebel says:

Good thoughts.

Now that we have all these dems posting, I’d love to hear their take on Cathy vs Mark. And what we as republicans think about that race. Plus, will there really be primary opposition to Sonny as has been claimed.

5. landman says:

Rebel,I would also like the Dems to give us an update on that race.I think their race will definitly be waged to a large part in the ATL,it seems they would checkmate each other in South GA..I guess the million dollar question is who does Franklin endorse,and who gets the prominent pastors in the black community.I dont know if any of you ran the Peachtree this year ,but it was quiet interesting seeing Taylor their with what seemed to be some of these pastors handing out water.Taylor looked really out of place at an athletic function,and looked as if he had been hitting the barbecue circuit hard.If Taylor see’s this as his last chance this could get real ugly if he decides to hold no punches as is his normal style.Can he get away with these tactics against a woman is going to be the telling factor. Cox seems to be putting together an organization that will give Taylor all he wants and I have heard some say she is getting some help from some disgruntled Republicans.This race looks to be one that may tell the story for the future of the Democratic Party in Georgia.I personally hope Taylor wins the Primary,and spends alot of money and energy doing it.As far as their being Primary opposition to Sonny I think it would be political suicide and hope it doesnt happen.

6. Rebel says:

I agree Landman, but you hit on a MAJOR point in that “disgruntled republicans” may be helping Cox. I still want to hear the dems handicap their races. In addition to Gov. they have 2 for LG; 2 for SOS; and is Irvin vunerable?

7. Bull Moose says:

Who is Irvin?

There are disgruntled Republicans, that is for sure, and as much as everyone wants to turn the other cheek and suck it up for the Governor, he and his staff make that almost impossible to do.

So, it is likely that you will hear this logic: We’re turning the corner as a state and thanks to the Governor’s leadership we’re improving economically. We should continue on this track…

It’s not enthusiastic, but it’s the best we can do given the situation.